Monday, September 8, 2014

Amazon Kindle Flare – A New E-Reader for Booklovers – CIO

  • Home
  • Consumer Technology
  • Humor
  • close
  • Share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook Like on Facebook
  • linkedin Share on LinkedIn
  • Google Plus + 1 on Google +
  • out
  • email

 kindle flare

I, like many other people, have Realized I’ve been missing something from the public book reading experience since I have moved from print to e-readers.

Sure, I love the Kindle for it’s convenience , ease-of-use, and portability to carry my whole library of 19th century romantic poets with me whereever I go. But in this the modern age, some less tangible aspects of reading print in public havebeen lost in our rush to embrace this modern technology.

Yes, I miss the feel and smell of print. But what I really miss is impressing people I hardly know, in public places like coffee shops, with the deep and complex books I am pretending to be reading. After all, what is the point of reading Such long and laborious books like Thus Spake Zarathustra or Ulysses if no one knows about it? That Losing Feeling of a Stranger glancing at me sideways into an airport bar or on the bench while waiting for the bus, we have surely lost something more as a society than just a bunch of paper stuck together.

Well now we have the answer, the Kindle Flare, a e-reader That let’s people know just how smart and pretentious you really are, in a voice loud enough to be heard 30 feet away.

New Kindle Helps Readers Show Off By Shouting loudly Title Of Book And Repeatedly

Previous Previous Post

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Official Teaser Trailer

Next Item Next

Why Native Advertising Is The Greatest Thing Ever (Really, It Is!)

Sponsored Links

  • Short courses, big impact: 30 + program for Executives at MIT
  • Learn how Accenture Helps clients’ve become high-performing businesses
  • MIT Sloan Exec Ed-short courses, cutting-edge insights. Enroll today
  • If you’re an Apple admin, you will not want to miss the 2014 JNUC.
  • Read what IT pros think about Apple’s growth in the enterprise
  • The Casper Suite Eliminates challenges with BYOD cost and complexity.
  • Short courses, big impact: 30 + program for Executives at MIT

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment