Friday, January 2, 2015

Pajamas, cappuccinos and A Kindle: Five things Brendan O’Carroll Can not Live … – Express.co.uk

Brendan O'Carroll holding award GETTY / PIC Posed BY MODEL

Brendan O’Carroll with his Academy Award for Best Male Performance in a Comedy Program

first PAJAMAS

Jennifer and I bothering love the duvet days and quite Often we do not even plan them, They just kind of happen.

We’ll start the day with a coffee and a chat And Then There Will Be more coffee and more chat and before long it’s 4pm and neither of us are dressed.

We live a pretty relaxed life in Florida but if we’ve bothering’ve been working hard, once we get a break, We will spend up to a week in our pajamas.

I’ll have to say though, I have never ventured into onesie Territory.

The traditional checked flannel look suits me just fine.

second Cappuccinos

I am an ardent lover of caffeine and the first thing I do once I’m out of bed is to fire up the Nespresso machine.

I like to Think my cappuccinos are rather legendary as visitors always tell me how good They are.

My Secret Is that I always whisk the milk and I add a touch of cream too.

Then I Serve them up with warm Danish pastries and croissants.

These days people seem to abstain from just about everything.

But in my opinion the while being healthy is fine, life really is for living , Which is why I always finish each day with a cigarette and a big cup of coffee.

3rd SCRIPT WRITING SOFTWARE

I am dyslexic but am happy to say That It has not stopped me from Becoming a successful writer as I believe That having original ideas is so much more important issue than the probability to spell.

After all, That is what editors are for.

I have the most amazing piece of software on my Mac computer called Script Ware, Which alerts me to all kinds of inconsistencies in my work.

If for instance, I write some dialogue for a character That is not actually in the room, it wont let me know straightaway.

It is like having a benevolent school mistress peering over your shoulder while you are working.

4th KINDLE

I love reading and I’ll take my Kindle everywhere with me.

I prefer the touch and smell of a real book but the Kindle is a real winner When It comes to traveling as you can effectively pack about 120 books intoyour suitcase.

I enjoy non-fiction almost as much as fiction and I love to read anything about aircraft and rocks, Which I know makes me sound like A bit of a collaborationist.

But You Can not really beat a good biography as I am fascinated to learn how peoplehave navigated life’s triumphs and challenges.

At the moment I ‘ m reading a book about Henry Kissinger’s life and I can not put it down.

5th RECLINING CHAIR

I am an accomplished lounges and I could not be without my magical reclining chair.

It is so spacious That my grandsons, who all live on the Same street as us, can all sit on it together.

Jennifer and I are telly addicts and my chair is the perfect place to waste a few hours.

We recently devoured The First Three series of Game of Thrones in a few days and did not leave That chair for hours on end, Which was wonderful.

  • Mrs Brown’s A-Y Of Everything by Brendan O’Carroll (Penguin , £ 18.99) is available from amazon.co.uk

Related articles

  • Christmas, siblings and choc biscuits: Five things Ben Foden can not live without
  • Family Photos, chocolate and his diary: fivethings Don Powell can’t live without
  • Children, Crossfit and Life Coaching: Five things Jeff Brazier can’t live without

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment