Monday, June 24, 2013

I think I bricked my kid's Kindle Fire - RootzWiki

I was amazed and pleased at how well kindle fire utility works! But the charging port issue (I think) has presented what I fear is an insurmountable obstacle.

The KF was rooted and running GO and the Google apps. That was good enough for me. No Custom ROM or the anything. But my 4 year old was playing with it, and I think he did a factory reset or something. It booted up and everything was wiped. I did not get much of a chance to investigate just exactly what happened before the battery was dead.

Now it’s too Drained to power on. And when you plug in the charger, the blue is the Kindle Fire Logo Appears alongwith an instruction to select a boot method. But before there is enough time to do anything (a few seconds at best), the screen goes black. A few seconds later it is back on, blue logo again, same boot selection instruction. It’s some sort of loop.

Will not take a charge, I will not progress through the boot sequence, PC will not recognize it. Is it game over? I told my nine year old that i think it’s a brick. He’s not happy. :(

Any suggestions? Thank you .

No comments:

Post a Comment